Well, it is summer in July here in North Florida and it is HOT! The weather channel said the heat index this weekend will hit 104! I am sitting in my house, AC blasting and eating a nice big bowl of ice cream to keep cool. This gave me the idea for my Sunday Funday post this week! What are some tasty cold treats that can be found around the Disney parks?? Listed, in no particular order, is my round up of yummy and refreshing treats! To give the lesser known treats a fighting chance, I will not include the Dole Whip Float or the Mickey Ice Cream Bar.
- Iced Coffee Floats – These refreshing caffeine sugar overloads are just what you need on a scorcher of a day in Magic Kingdom. Order a big cup o’ Joe and top it off with soft serve ice cream and take a seat to cool off. The coffee in this drink is premixed with chocolate, vanilla or espresso and can be mixed with vanilla, chocolate or swirl soft serve. So many combinations! There are three locations around Magic Kingdom that serve up the delicious concoction; look for them at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies in Tomorrowland, Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square and Sunshine Tree Terrace in Adventureland.
- Beer! EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios all have a nice selection of adult beverages that will hit the spot on a sunny summer day! If you decide to go this route, make sure to try some ales that are new to you. No reason to go with the Budweiser when you have beers from, literally, around the world!
- Gelato Ice Cream Sandwich– Gelato? Cookies? Sandwich! Umm… YES PLEASE! You can’t make a trip to the World Showcase without a stop at the Italy Pavilion. The options are endless! Pick any flavor gelato from the counter and they will squish it between two chocolate chip cookies. Pro Tip: Eat it fast!
- Looking for a FREE refreshing drink? Stop by Club Cool is EPCOT for free samples of Coke Products from around the world. You’ll get a little paper cup and you can walk around getting samples from different countries like Mozambique, Japan or Israel. Some are carbonated and some are not. It is a fun experience tasting the popular drinks other people like!
- The Night Blossom – This is the newest refreshing drink on Disney Property. Only found at Pongu Pongu in Pandora: World of Avatar, this drink has it all! A fruity icee mixture of limeade with apple and desert pear flavors topped with passion fruit boba balls. Or the adult version, Mo’ara Margarita, with strawberry and blood orange flavors and strawberry boba balls. You can splurge a little a buy the special cup with a glowing Unadelta Seed.
Check out this article from delish.com and see what all the hype is about!
What are your favorite cold treats to have on a hot summer Disney day? Let me know! Follow me on instagram @parkhoppingwithb